- Agile software development practices approach for developing applications.
Agile methodology is described as an “iterative” and “incremental” approach.
- The term agile management is applied to an iterative, incremental method of managing and build activities of engineering, information technology, and other business areas that aim new product or service development highly flexible and interactive manner, the principles expressed Manifesto for Agile Software Development
- Agile developers visualize the software as of complex parts that interact with block of structure.
- Actually, in the waterfall method, the development team will get only a single chance each phase(like design, development, testing, etc) of a project.
- Whereas in an agile methodology, these phases are continually revisited periodically the project’s progress and direction.
- The “inspect-and-adapt” approach from Agile methodology, greatly reduces development cost and time because here teams can develop the software while gathering changes in requirement.
- The stakeholder can provide feedback to team of .
- Agile development does save a lot of resources that could have been spent on something not needed anymore.
- It advocates adaptive planning, evolutionary development, early delivery, and continual improvement, and it encourages flexible responses .
- Agile software development methods extensively used for the development of software products of them use certain characteristics of software, object technologies.
- Agile software development paradigms other areas of life raising children. Its success in child development founded on some basic management principles; communication, adaptation, and awareness.
Software development values
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- Responding over following
Software development principles
There are twelve principles for agile software development.
- Customer satisfaction by early and continuous delivery of valuable software.
- Welcome changing requirements, even in late development.
- Deliver working software frequently (weeks months)
- Close, daily cooperation between business people and developers
- Projects are built around motivated individuals, who should be trusted
- A face-to-face conversation best communication (co-location)
- Working software primary measure of progress
- Sustainable development, maintain pace
- Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design
- Simplicity—the art of maximizing not done—is essential
- Best architectures, requirements, emerge from self-organizing teams
- Regularly, the team reflects on becoming and adjusts accordingly
- In agile software development, team members what they did the previous day toward their team’s iteration goal.
- There is a methods of agile software development.
- It supports the software development life cycle.
- Some support activities for requirements specification and development (e.g., FDD), while some seek development life cycle (e.g., DSDM, RUP)
- Dynamic systems development method (DSDM), Adaptive software development (ASD), Agile unified process (AUP) and Feature-driven development (FDD) are famous agile software development frameworks.