What is Artificial Intelligence ?
What is AI?
- The actual meaning behind common AI terminology, including neural networks, machine learning, deep learning and data science.
- Mckinsey Global Institute,(An American world-wide service industry firm founded in 1926) revealed that AI value creation by 2030 would be $ 13 trillion.
- When we consider AI applications within the automotive industry,we might first consider self-driving cars.But AI can do quite drive.
- It can keep us connected,on schedule, and safe even once we are driving ourselves.
- That all adds up to business .The value of AI in automotive manufacturing and cloud services will exceed $10.73 billion by 2024.
- AI enables cars to try to to quite watch the road,it can help them keep any eye on the driving force ,as well.
- Israeli automotive computer vision startup eyeSight uses AI and deep learning to supply an absolute plethora of in-car automotive solutions.
- Using advanced Time-of-Flight(TOF) cameras and IR sensors,eyeSight’s AI software detects driver behavior in four key areas.
- Driver identification
- Driver Recongition
- Driver Monitoring
- Infotainment Control
- Waymo isn’t only Google’s raid the autonomous production vehicle market,it appears to be their future decide to achieve market dominance.
- Waymo has been conducting test drives in Phonex for the last year, and plans to launch a public ride-hailing service before the top of 2018.
- Waymo’s AI software crunches data from the vehicles lidar, radar,high-resolution cameras,GPS,and cloud services to supply control signals that operate the vehicle.
- Tesla has succeeded in becoming a household name within the electric market.Now it want to therefore the same thing with self-driving vehicles.
- Eight cameras,an array of ultrasonic sensors,sonar, forward-facing radar,and GPS cull just about the type of knowledge from the environment as Waymo.And like Google,all that data is fed into an AI program that turns sensory data into vehicle control data.
- Tesla’s Autopilot software goes beyond driving the car where you tell it to travel .If you’re not within the mood for talking,Auto Pilot will check your calendar and drive you to your scheduled appointment.
- Every new Tesla comes fully equipped for autonomous driving.All that’s needed is regulatory approval therefore the company can enable the software,putting AI within the driver’s seat.
- Artificial intelligence is proving to be game changer in healthcare,improving virtually every aspect of the industry from robot-assisted surgeries to safeguarding private records against cyber criminals.
- Healthcare has long suffered from skyrocketing medical costs and inefficient processes.Artificial intelligence is giving the maligned industry a much-needed makeover.
- AI-enabled virtual assistants are reducing unnecessary hospital visits and giving nurses 20% of their time back within the process;workflow assistants are helping doctors fee up 17% of their schedules;and pharmaceutical companies are searching lifesaving medicines during a fraction of the time and price it traditionally takes.
Atomwise: Streamlining drug discovery
- Atomwise is using AI and deep learning to facilitate drug discovery.Using technology supported convolutional neural networks,Atomwise’s algorithms can “extract insights from many experimental affinity measures and thousands of protein structures to predict the binding of small molecules to proteins”.
- The company’s AI has improved hit rates by 10,000x and screens 10 to twenty million compounds each day while identifying characteristics of patients for clinical trials.
- With the power to research billions of compounds and identify areas for drug discovery,the technology is rapidly speeding up the work of chemists.
- Atom wise is getting used to tackle a number of the foremost pressing medical problems with the day,including Ebola and MS .
- With quite 2.77 billion active profiles across platforms like Twitter,Facebook and Snap chat,social media is during a battle to personalize and cultivate worthwhile experiences for users.
- Artificial intelligence might make or break the of the industry.With its ability to arrange massive amounts of data ,recognize images,introduce chat bots and predict shifts in culture,AI is very valuable to an industry with billions of users and about $45 billion in annual revenue.
- Additionally,advanced machine learning is probably going to prove critical in industry that’s struggling to police fake news,hate speech and other bad actors in real time.
Facebook:Image recognition breakthroughs
- Whether it’s Messenger chat bots, algorithmic nesfeeds, photo tagging suggestions or ad targeting,AI is deeply embedded in Facebook’s platform.
- The company’s AI team recently trained a picture recognition model to 85% accuracy using billions of public Instagram photos tagged with hashtag.The method is major breakthrough in computer vision modelling.
- Facebook is already employing a mixture of AI and human moderation to combat spam and abuse.With breakthroughs in image recognition and a doubling-down on AI research,Facebook is counting on AI to assist it police the world’s largest media platform.
- Industry leader’s still can’t agree on what the term”robot” embodies.
- Roboticists understand robots to be programmable machines that perform tasks,but nobody can pinpoint exactly where that definition ends.
- Today’s AI-powered robots, or a minimum of those machines deemed intrinsically ,posses no natural general intelligence,but they’re capable of solving problems and “thinking” during a limited capacity.
- From performing on assembly lines at Tesla to teaching Japanese students English,examples of AI within the field of robotics are plentiful.
AI Coming aged
Hanson Robotics: Building humanoid robots
- Hanson Robotics is building humanoid robots with AI for both the commercial and consumer markets.The Hanson-created Sophia, an incredibly advanced social-learning robot.
- Through AI,Sophia can efficiently communicate with tongue and use countenance to convey human-like emotions.Sophia has become something of a media celebrity over the past few years,featured on various talk shows,including memorable appearance with a clearly weirded-out Jimmy Fallon on The Tonight Show.The robot has even accepted citizenship from Saudi Arabia .
- Hanson plans to introduce an entire of robots like Sophia,which they believe “have immediate applications as media personalities in movies and television shows,entertainment animatronics in museums and theme parks,and for university research and medical training applications.
iRobot:Smarter home robots
- That makers of the favored Roomba are back with a replacement ,much smarter robotic vacuum.The Roomba 980 model uses AI to scan room size,identify obstacles and remember the foremost efficient routs for cleaning.
- The self deploying Roomba also can determine what proportion vacuuming there’s to be supported a room’s size, and it needs no human assistance to wash floors.
- The corporate completed its first year as a purely consumer-focused business in 2017,pulling in $883.9 million in revenue, and has shipped quite 10 million Roombas since 2002.