What is Data Science?
- We may define data science as ” Science of extracting knowledge and insights from data”.
- It is a field that uses the processes, algorithms and systems to extract data.
- It is also related to big data and machine learning.
- There is a huge impact of big data in industries in the modern era and it has changed the shape of industries.
- Different technologies and techniques are being used for data science for application.
- Machine learning, clustering, Support vector machine (SVM),logistic regression and linear regression are most common techniques of data science.
- Computer programming languages which are popular for data science are Python, R and Julia.
- Similarly, some frame works which are supporting the data science projects including the tensor flow developed by Google,Pytorch, Jupyter note book and Apache Hadoop.
- Data science software platforms are available which are providing good facilities to handle the data science projects.
- Matlab, Anaconda, Data bricks,Data iku and Rapid Miner are famous data science platforms.
- Anaconda is free and open source software which provides distribution for Python and R computer programming languages.
If you want to have a team analyze your data set in order to gain insights. The output of a data science project is a set of insights that can help you make business decisions.So, a team might come up with conclusions like:
- “Hey, did you recognize if you have got two houses of an identical size, they’ve an identical square footage, if the house has three bedrooms, then they cost a lot more than the house of two bedrooms, even if the square for this is the same.” “Did you know that newly renovated homes have a 15% premium, and if help you make decisions like, given an identical square footage, does one want to create a two bedroom or three bedroom size in order to maximize value? “
- “Is it worth an investment to renovate a range in the hope that the renovation increases the price you can sell a house for?” The output of a knowledge science project may be a set of insights which will assist you make business decisions, such as what type of house to build or whether to invest in renovation.