What is Ethereum ?
From a perspective
Ethereum deterministic but practically unbounded state machine,consisting of a globally accessible singleton state and a virtual machine that applies changes state.
From a computer practical perspective
Ethereum is an open source, globally decentralized computing infrastructure that execute programs called smart contracts.It uses a block chain to synchronize and store the system’s state changes,along with a crypto currency called ether to meter and constrain execution resource costs.
Compared to Bitcoin
Ethereum shares a many common elements with other open block chains.
- A peer-to-peer network connecting participants
- A Byzantine fault—tolerant consensus algorithm for synchronization of state updates( a proof-of-work blockchain).
- The use of crypto graphic primitives digital signatures and hashes.
- And a digital currency (Ether)
- Ethereum’s purpose primarily to be a digital currency payment network.
- While the digital currency ether is both integral to and necessary for the operation of Ethereum.
- Ether as a utility currency to use of the Ethereum platform world computer.
- Bit coin very limited scripting language.
- Bitcoin’s script language is, intentionally,constrained to simple true/false evaluation conditions.
- Ethereum to be a general-purpose programmable blockchain that runs a virtual machine capable of executing code of arbitrary and unbounded complexity.
- Ethereum’s language is Turing complete,meaning that Ehereum can straight forwarding function as a general-purpose computer.