Microsoft HoloLens is a couple of diverse reality smart glasses. These are developed and mass-produced by Microsoft. Under the Windows 10 computer operating system, these are the first head-mounted displays running the Windows Mixed Reality platform. In teamwork with Microsoft, Samsung and Asus have protracted an offer to Microsoft to assist create their own mixed-reality products, founded about the concept and hardware on HoloLens.
As of 2016, a variety of augmented-reality applications are announced or showcased for Microsoft HoloLens. A set of applications are going to be provided for free of charge for developers purchasing the Microsoft HoloLens Developer Edition. Applications available at launch include:
- Cortana, Microsoft’s virtual assistant.
- Holograms, catalog of 3D objects spread that users may place and scale
- HoloStudio, Full-scale 3D modeling application.
- CAE VimedixAR may be a commercial application.
- An implementation of the Skype telecommunications application
- HoloTour, an audiovisual three-dimensional virtual tourism application
- Fragments, crime thriller high-tech adventure game developed by Microsoft and Asobo Studio.
- A platform game developed by Microsoft and Asobo Studio, Young Conker.
- An augmented-reality first-person shooter game by Microsoft, RoboRaid.
- Actiongram, application for performance and recording short video clips of straightforward mixed-reality presentations.
- Microsoft announced in November 2018, that it’s preparing HoloLens for combat.
Other applications declared or showcased for HoloLens include:
- A collaborative digital human anatomy and neuroanatomy curriculum by Case Western Reserve University and Cleveland Clinic.
- Primary commercially available HoloLens application, Architectural engineering software design tools, SketchUp Viewer by Trimble Navigation
- Mojang computer game version of Minecraft.
- Prolonged functionality for the Autodesk Maya 3D creation application.
- OnSight and Sidekick, Projects of software developed by a partnership between NASA and Microsoft to explore mixed reality applications.
- FreeForm, Project between Autodesk and Microsoft integrating HoloLens with the Autodesk Fusion 360 cloud-based 3D development application.
- An academic application about the Milky Way in development by Microsoft Studios, Galaxy Explorer.
- A spacecraft visualization application in development by NASA’s reaction propulsion Laboratory (JPL).
- Volvo and Microsoft exhibited a prototype version of the HoloLens in November 2015.
- CAE VimedixAR, the primary ultrasound training simulator integrated with HoloLens. It permits healthcare learners to interact with 3D holograms of internal human structures and obtain proficiency in anatomy.
- Holoportation, 3D capture technology replacement that allows high-quality 3D models of individuals to be reconstructed.
- HoloSurg, mixed reality tool to work on a patient with a malignant muscular tumor by using the headset to see MRI and radiography information during surgery.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Remote Assist combined with Microsoft Teams to send a secure live video feed to a display screen during a nearby room.
Microsoft Dynamics 365
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a route of applications such as enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM). It is declared by Microsoft in July 2016. A Business Edition includes a Financials application supported by the project code-named ‘Madeira’. An Enterprise Edition contains some CRM applications. The ERP application is now called Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations due to repackaging.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 contains 12 applications:
- For Sales – Sales Leaders, Sales Operations
- For Customer Service – Customer Service Leaders, Customer Service Operations
- For Field Service – Field Service Leaders, Field Service Operations
- For Human Resource – Attract, onboard, Core HR
- For Finance & Operations – Finance Leaders, Operation Leaders
- For Supply Chain Management – Streamline planning, production, stock, warehouse, and transportation.
- For Commerce
- For Project Service Automation – Operation Leaders, Project Leaders
- For Marketing—Adobe Marketing Cloud, Dynamics 365 for Marketing
- For AI – AI for Sales, AI for Customer Service, AI for Market Insight
- For Mixed Reality – Remote Assist, Layout
- For Business Central – ERP for SMBs
Microsoft itself uses the Customer Service module to manage the method of updating Windows operating systems to the newest versions.
Benefits of integrating HoloLens with Dynamics 365 Field Service
The technician using HoloLens may view Dynamics 365 Field Service bookings from Dynamics 365 Remote Assist. He can do heads-up, hands-free calling in the context of a Field Service booking if our organization uses Dynamics 365 Field Service to manage work orders. For instance, the technician can:
- Sight booking details
- Speedily call the allocated collaborator
- Protect snapshots to a booking
- Save call relics to the work order that the booking is associated with.
I am sharing the below link to the video in this article.
This video shows the advanced development of technologies viz-a-viz integration of industrial maintenance systems with HoloLens. With this integration – maintenance becomes easier & man-hours are optimized. Moreover doing precise diagnostics of the mechanical problem can be done by improved teamwork. Amazing technology!!!