How Websites Are Created?
The HTML and CSS are being used to create all websites.But content management systems, blogging software, and e-commerce platforms often add a few more technologies into the mix.
What we see
How it is Created?
Usually, the small websites are written just using HTML and CSS. Bigger websites particularly those that are updated regularly and use a content management
system (CMS), blogging tools, or e-commerce software make use of more complex technologies on the web server, but these technologies are actually used to produce HTML and CSS that is then sent to the browser. So, if our site uses
these technologies, we will be able to use our new HTML and CSS knowledge to take more control over how our site looks. Larger, more complex sites like these may use a database to store data, and programming languages such as PHP, ASP.Net, Java, or Ruby on the web server, but we do not require to learn these technologies to improve what the user sees.
HTML5 & CSS3
There have been several versions of HTML and CSS since the web was first created. Every version intended to be an improvement on the previous version. The versions of HTML5 & CSS3 were still being developed. Already numerous browsers were supporting some features of these languages and a lot of people were using the latest code on their websites. The HTML5 and CSS3 versions are built on earlier versions of these languages.How to learn these means we will also be able to understand the earlier versions of them.
How the Web Works?
- The web server hosting that site could be anywhere in the world when we visit a website. Our browser will first connect to a Domain Name System (DNS) server in order for us to find the location of the web server.
- We do so via an Internet Service Provider (ISP) when we connect to the web. We type a domain name or web address into our browser to visit a site; for example: google.com, bbc.co.uk, microsoft.com.
- Our computer inter-contacts with a network of servers called Domain Name System (DNS) servers. These act like phone books. They tell our computer the IP address associated with the requested domain name. The IP address is a number of up to 12 digits separated by periods or full stops. Every device connected to the web has a unique IP address, That IP address is like the phone number for that computer.
- The unique number that the DNS server returns to our computer allows our browser to contact the web server that hosts the website we requested. The web server is a computer that is connected to the web. It is set up especially to send web pages to users.
- Then the web server sends the page we requested back to our web browser.